Social Trends Institute
STI is an independent, non-profit research center that offers institutional and financial support to academics in all fields who seek to make sense of emerging social trends and their effects on human communities.
5 months ago
Flourishing has been variously defined as “a combination of feeling good and functioning effectively, and the experience that life is going well,” or “living within an optimal range of human functioning, one that connotes goodness, generativity, growth, and resilience,” among others. How can humans achieve this “flourishing?”.
7 months ago
To what extent does the quality of domestic life (Family relationships, environment, technical tools, housing style) influence individual and social happiness, in the context of current changes?
7 months ago
At this turbulent time, ‘Corporate Purpose’ has galvanized a global movement that promises to restore trust in companies, to produce goods and services without doing harm, while providing a fair return to employees and shareholders.
- 16 days ago
- 10 months ago
one year ago
Understanding how cultural diversity relates to international order is an urgent contemporary challenge. Building on ideas first advanced in Reus-Smit's On Cultural Diversity; International Theory in a World of Difference (Cambridge 2018), this groundbreaking book advances a new framework for understanding the nexus between culture and order in world politics.
Quick-links & downloads
- Annual Report 2019
- World Family Map 2019 in English
- World Family Map 2019 in Spanish
- Application form - Master of Social Science Research
- What Do We Do?
- The Crisis of Journalism Reconsidered: Cultural Power
- Mapping Family Change and Child Well-Being Outcomes
- Intention & Double Effect: Theoretical and Practical Challenges
- What Society Needs from Media in the Age of Digital Communication
- Fashion, Image and Identity
- Is Science Compatible with Our Desire for Freedom?
- Family Experts
- Experts Meetings