Social Trends Institute
- Are American Jews Falling out of Love with Israel? 7 days ago
- TV Families: Stereotypical or Real? 21 days ago
- Will Artificial Intelligence Make the World a Better Place? 28 days ago
- Marriage and family life in contemporary societies
- Ethical dimension of science and biotechnology
- Contemporary cultural trends with an interdisciplinary perspective
- The governance of the business corporation
STI is an independent, non-profit research center that offers institutional and financial support to academics in all fields who seek to make sense of emerging social trends and their effects on human communities.
- 10 days ago
The meeting explores why families are increasingly unequal throughout North America and Europe, with college-educated Americans and Europeans being much more likely to get and stay married, and less-educated Americans and Europeans being much more likely to face high levels of singleness, family instability, and single parenthood.
- 2 months ago
The workshop is intended to bring together scholars to explore whether there has been a change in the organization of global governance, what has produced this change, and whether this change is good or bad for achieving progress on the world’s most pressing global issues.
- 4 months ago
This workshop, organized by the 'Emotional Culture and Identity' project at the University of Navarra, is co-sponsored by STI and the Institute for Culture and Society (ICS).
Following the experts meeting of the same name, this book analyzes the importance of the media in modern society. The changing nature of communication is especially important because media and communication platforms are increasingly the primary location in which contemporary identity, culture, and values and norms are manifest and contested.
Following the experts meeting of the same name, this book considers the crisis faced by modern journalism, questioning whether 'crises' can't be reformulated as opportunities for change.
Spanish translation of the World Family Map 2015 Report, Mapping Family Change and Child Well-being Outcomes
Quick-links & downloads
- 10th Anniversary Memorandum
- The Crisis of Journalism Reconsidered: Cultural Power
- Mapping Family Change and Child Well-Being Outcomes
- Intention & Double Effect: Theoretical and Practical Challenges
- What Society Needs from Media in the Age of Digital Communication
- Family Experts
- Experts Meetings
- Fashion,image and Identity
- Is Science Compatible with Our Desire for Freedom?