Social Trends Institute
- Why Are Working-Class Families Comparatively Fragile Today? 16 days ago
- International Relations: Anarchy or Hierarchy? 21 days ago
- A New Way of Working for Sustainable Development Goals 26 days ago
- Promoting family stability
- Keeping science and biotechnology ethical
- Analyzing global cultural trends
- Fomenting responsible governance
STI is an independent, non-profit research center that offers institutional and financial support to academics in all fields who seek to make sense of emerging social trends and their effects on human communities.
- 4 months ago
Providing interdisciplinary and international perspectives on the question of photography and conflict transformation, this initiative addresses salient and influential cultural trends.
- 6 months ago
Experts in International Relations, Sociology, History, Political Theory and Law will explore the critical relationship between cultural diversity and international order by bridging disciplinary boundaries.
- 8 months ago
The meeting explores why families are increasingly unequal throughout North America and Europe, with college-educated Americans and Europeans being much more likely to get and stay married, and less-educated Americans and Europeans being much more likely to face high levels of singleness, family instability, and single parenthood.
STI is pleased to support important research into family trends around the globe.
Following the experts meeting of the same name, this book analyzes the importance of the media in modern society. The changing nature of communication is especially important because media and communication platforms are increasingly the primary location in which contemporary identity, culture, and values and norms are manifest and contested.
Following the experts meeting of the same name, this book considers the crisis faced by modern journalism, questioning whether 'crises' can't be reformulated as opportunities for change.
Quick-links & downloads
- Cultural Diversity and International Order
- The Crisis of Journalism Reconsidered: Cultural Power
- Mapping Family Change and Child Well-Being Outcomes
- Intention & Double Effect: Theoretical and Practical Challenges
- What Society Needs from Media in the Age of Digital Communication
- Family Experts
- Experts Meetings
- Fashion,image and Identity
- Is Science Compatible with Our Desire for Freedom?