Social Trends Institute
- Cohabitation: “Until Life Do Us Part” 6 days ago
- Can Real News Be Rescued? 19 days ago
- Apt to Be Overlooked one month ago
- Marriage and family life in contemporary societies
- Ethical dimension of science and biotechnology
- Contemporary cultural trends with an interdisciplinary perspective
- The governance of the business corporation
STI is an independent, non-profit research center that offers institutional and financial support to academics in all fields who seek to make sense of emerging social trends and their effects on human communities.
- 8 hours from now
Experts in International Relations, Sociology, History, Political Theory and Law will explore the critical relationship between cultural diversity and international order by bridging disciplinary boundaries.
- one month ago
The meeting explores why families are increasingly unequal throughout North America and Europe, with college-educated Americans and Europeans being much more likely to get and stay married, and less-educated Americans and Europeans being much more likely to face high levels of singleness, family instability, and single parenthood.
- 4 months ago
The workshop is intended to bring together scholars to explore whether there has been a change in the organization of global governance, what has produced this change, and whether this change is good or bad for achieving progress on the world’s most pressing global issues.
STI is pleased to support important research into family trends around the globe.
Following the experts meeting of the same name, this book analyzes the importance of the media in modern society. The changing nature of communication is especially important because media and communication platforms are increasingly the primary location in which contemporary identity, culture, and values and norms are manifest and contested.
Following the experts meeting of the same name, this book considers the crisis faced by modern journalism, questioning whether 'crises' can't be reformulated as opportunities for change.
Quick-links & downloads
- 10th Anniversary Memorandum
- The Crisis of Journalism Reconsidered: Cultural Power
- Mapping Family Change and Child Well-Being Outcomes
- Intention & Double Effect: Theoretical and Practical Challenges
- What Society Needs from Media in the Age of Digital Communication
- Family Experts
- Experts Meetings
- Fashion,image and Identity
- Is Science Compatible with Our Desire for Freedom?