Social Trends Institute
STI is an independent, non-profit research center that offers institutional and financial support to academics in all fields who seek to make sense of emerging social trends and their effects on human communities.
2 months ago
Can machines substitute scientists in the crucial aspects of scientific practice? This is the question at the heart of the "Will Science Remain Human? Frontiers of the Incorporation of Technological Innovations in the Bio-Medical Sciences" Experts Meeting.
2 months ago
Has there been a significant change in the architecture of global governance? To the degree there has been broad and identifiable change, what are the chief causes? And what are the effects of these changes? Do they make it more difficult or easier to solve global governance problems?
11 months ago
Providing interdisciplinary and international perspectives on the question of photography and conflict transformation, this initiative addresses salient and influential cultural trends.
one month ago
The Home: Multidisciplinary Reflections explores the relationship between home environments and family and societal wellbeing.
5 months ago
Global Finance on Screen is the first collection exclusively dedicated to a growing body of multi-format and multimedia audiovisual work that this book designates as the finance film.
one year ago
STI is pleased to support important research into family trends around the globe.
Quick-links & downloads
- Annual Report 2017
- Application form - Master of Social Science Research
- The 2017 WFM report is now available in Spanish.
- What Do We Do?
- The Crisis of Journalism Reconsidered: Cultural Power
- Mapping Family Change and Child Well-Being Outcomes
- Intention & Double Effect: Theoretical and Practical Challenges
- What Society Needs from Media in the Age of Digital Communication
- Fashion, Image and Identity
- Is Science Compatible with Our Desire for Freedom?
- Family Experts
- Experts Meetings